- Table View
- List View
<p>This handy guide provides an overview of Java Enterprise Edition 6’s main technologies and includes extensive, easy-to-understand code samples that demonstrate the platform’s many improvements. You’ll quickly understand how Java EE 6 simplifies the process of developing and deploying web and enterprise applications.</p>
Get up to speed on the principal technologies in the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 7, and learn how the latest version embraces HTML5, focuses on higher productivity, and provides functionality to meet enterprise demands. Written by Arun Gupta, a key member of the Java EE team, this book provides a chapter-by-chapter survey of several Java EE 7 specifications, including WebSockets, Batch Processing, RESTful Web Services, and Java Message Service. You'll also get self-paced instructions for building an end-to-end application with many of the technologies described in the book, which will help you understand the design patterns vital to Java EE development. Understand the key components of the Java EE platform, with easy-to-understand explanations and extensive code samples Examine all the new components that have been added to Java EE 7 platform, such as WebSockets, JSON, Batch, and Concurrency Learn about RESTful Web Services, SOAP XML-based messaging protocol, and Java Message Service Explore Enterprise JavaBeans, Contexts and Dependency Injection, and the Java Persistence API Discover how different components were updated from Java EE 6 to Java EE 7
Playing Minecraft is a lot of fun, but the game is more engaging, entertaining, and educational when kids learn how to build mods--small programs that let them modify game elements and add content. This family-friendly guide teaches kids and parents how to create mods of different types, using the Minecraft Forge modding tool. No programming experience is needed.You'll not only build some amazing mods with the book's easy-to-follow instructions, but you'll also learn how to work with Java, the same programming language that Minecraft uses. Why wait? Get started with computer programming and be more creative with Minecraft while you're at it!This book will help you:Learn the fundamentals of Minecraft Forge and other tools, such as EclipseStart out by building and testing a simple chat message modBuild cool mods that make things explode on contact, and help entities jump higher and climb wallsIntroduce new Minecraft content, including commands, blocks, items, and recipes and texturesWork with Java fundamentals such as classes, methods, annotations, control structures, and arraysLearn techniques for creating your own modsThis guide is based on workshops the authors deliver to kids around the world.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.