- Table View
- List View
Various plant metabolites are useful for human life, and the induction and reduction of these metabolites using modern biotechnical technique is of enormous potential important especially in the fields of agriculture and health. Plant Metabolism and Biotechnology describes the biosynthetic pathways of plant metabolites, their function in plants, and some applications for biotechnology. Topics covered include: biosynthesis and metabolism of starch and sugarslipid biosynthesissymbiotic nitrogen fixationsulfur metabolismnucleotide metabolismpurine alkaloid metabolismnicotine biosynthesisterpenoid biosynthesisbenzylisoquinoline alkaloid biosynthesismonoterpenoid indole alkaloid biosynthesisflavonoid biosynthesispigment biosynthesis: anthocyanins, betacyanins and carotenoidsmetabolomics in biotechnologyPlant Metabolism and Biotechnology is an essential guide to this important field for researchers and students of biochemistry, plant biology, metabolic engineering, biotechnology, food science, agriculture, and medicine.
The use of RNAi technology is essential for most plant science researchers. As DNA sequence information increases, so the need for functional annotation of target genes also increases. Authoritative and accessible, RNAi and Plant Gene Function Analysis: Methods and Protocols seeks to serve as an ideal guide to scientists of all backgrounds looking to further their knowledge of this fundamental science. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters contain introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. In addition to the functional annotation of unknown genes, RNAi technology has been applied to the genetic engineering of important plant metabolites including starches, oils, and storage proteins. RNAi has been used to engineer plants resistant to plant viruses and also to nematodes and insects. RNAi and Plant Gene Function Analysis: Methods and Protocols will provide both professionals and novices of plant biotechnology and breeding research with essential tips for designing experiments meant to explore plant gene function.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.