The Juniper Networks routing platforms are becoming the go-to solution for core, edge, metro and remote office networks, and JUNOS software is behind it all. The operating system is so full of industrial-strength routing protocols and IP innovations that those treading into the world of JUNOS will need clarification, explanation, and a showcase example or two. Look no further. This JUNOS Cookbook provides it all and more. Yes, you can mine through the 5,000 pages of documentation or take a two-thousand-dollar training course, but JUNOS's interprocess sophistication can be baffling unless you know the shortcuts and tricks, as well as those rays of illuminating comprehension that can come only from those who live with it. JUNOS Cookbook is the first comprehensive book about JUNOS software and it provides over 200 time-saving step-by-step techniques including discussions about the processes and alternative ways to perform the same task. It's been tested and tech-reviewed by field engineers who know how to take JUNOS out for a spin and it's applicable to the entire line of M-, T-, and J-series routers. JUNOS Cookbook will not only pay for itself the first few times you use it, it will make your network easier to manage and update. "Aviva Garrett has done a tremendous job of distilling the features of JUNOS software in a form that will be useful for a wide audience-students, field engineers, network architects, and other networking professionals alike will benefit from this book. For many people, this is the only book on JUNOS they will need." Pradeep Sindhu, CTO and Founder, Juniper Networks "This cookbook is superb. Aviva Garrett has masterfully assembled a complete set of practical real-world examples with step-by-step instructions. Security, management, routing: it's all here!" Stephen Gill, Research Fellow, Team Cymru "A technical time-saver for any NOC or SOC working with JUNOS. It's clear, concise, and informative recipes are are an invaluable resource. " Scott A. McIntyre, Security Officer, XS4ALL Internet B.V
If you're in charge of a network, you're probably aware that the only time anyone notices the network is when it goes down. With JUNOS software and JUNOS For Dummies, a friendly book to help you set it up and manage the software, you might be able to start convincing your clients to believe in magic. Here's the help you need for switching, routing, security, interface configuration, and more. Now, you can go inside JUNOS software and understand everything you need to know about operating a network with JUNOS. You'll learn how the control plane handles packet delivery and establishes traffic policies and see how a single network operating system can add stability and reliability while saving administrative time. Plus, you'll find out how to set up a routing protocol that automates configuration of routing tables for greater efficiency and how you can set up individual or group user accounts locally on the route, or on remote centralized authentication servers. By the time you finish this book, you'll know how to: Work with the JUNOS network operating system Set up and configure a Juniper router Connect, manage, and troubleshoot routers and other Juniper appliances Make your network more efficient Configure JUNOS default security features as well as restricted physical access to protect routers Solve hardware, software, interface, and router problems Integrate JUNOS with other systems Complete with lists of the most useful commands, IOS-JUNOS command conversions, and the best place to seek additional help, JUNOSFor Dummies is your one-stop guide to getting started with and mastering JUNOS.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.