- Table View
- List View
Daniel may be new in town, but he's already made an enemy of Johnny, the toughest kid in school and a karate black belt. There's only one solution-Daniel has to learn karate, too. But can Mr. Miyagi, the old Japanese handyman, teach him enough to face Johnny in the All Valley Championship? And more important, can Daniel win back the girl he loves, and regain his own self-respect? Daniel stood in the bow of the boat, practicing his blocking exercises. "When am I going to learn to punch?" he asked. In response, Mr. Miyagi began to rock the boat, breaking Daniel's rhythm and tipping him. Unceremoniously, Daniel landed, shoulder first, in the cold water. When he emerged, sputtering, Mr. Miyagi answered his question. "When learn keep dry," he said wryly, and helped Daniel climb back into the boat. "More important than learn punch or block," he continued, handing Daniel a towel, "is to learn balance. Balance is key. When balance good, karate good. Everything good. When balance bad, better fix quick or pack up and go home. Understand?" "Yeah."
In a new adventure that begins where THE KARATE KID left off, Daniel and Mr. Miyagi travel to Okinawa-Mr. Miyagi's boyhood home. There, Mr. Miyagi is challenged to a karate duel-to-the-death by Sato, once his best friend. When Mr. Miyagi meets a long-lost love, Daniel meets a new girl friend, and then finds his courage tested to the limit in a confrontation with a vicious young karate expert who will stop at nothing to defeat him.
When Daniel and his karate teacher return to California, they find that Daniel's old enemies from the Cobra Kai dojo are waiting for him.
Everyone in Miss Bilgore's third grade class loves Partner, a retired police horse. But it looks like Partner is headed for a terrible fate--pet food! Then the kids get an idea: each third grader will find odd jobs and earn money to pay for Partner's care.
The novelization of the movie.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.