Daniel may be new in town, but he's already made an enemy of Johnny, the toughest kid in school and a karate black belt. There's only one solution-Daniel has to learn karate, too. But can Mr. Miyagi, the old Japanese handyman, teach him enough to face Johnny in the All Valley Championship? And more important, can Daniel win back the girl he loves, and regain his own self-respect? Daniel stood in the bow of the boat, practicing his blocking exercises. "When am I going to learn to punch?" he asked. In response, Mr. Miyagi began to rock the boat, breaking Daniel's rhythm and tipping him. Unceremoniously, Daniel landed, shoulder first, in the cold water. When he emerged, sputtering, Mr. Miyagi answered his question. "When learn keep dry," he said wryly, and helped Daniel climb back into the boat. "More important than learn punch or block," he continued, handing Daniel a towel, "is to learn balance. Balance is key. When balance good, karate good. Everything good. When balance bad, better fix quick or pack up and go home. Understand?" "Yeah."
In a new adventure that begins where THE KARATE KID left off, Daniel and Mr. Miyagi travel to Okinawa-Mr. Miyagi's boyhood home. There, Mr. Miyagi is challenged to a karate duel-to-the-death by Sato, once his best friend. When Mr. Miyagi meets a long-lost love, Daniel meets a new girl friend, and then finds his courage tested to the limit in a confrontation with a vicious young karate expert who will stop at nothing to defeat him.
When Daniel and his karate teacher return to California, they find that Daniel's old enemies from the Cobra Kai dojo are waiting for him.
Everyone in Miss Bilgore's third grade class loves Partner, a retired police horse. But it looks like Partner is headed for a terrible fate--pet food! Then the kids get an idea: each third grader will find odd jobs and earn money to pay for Partner's care.
The novelization of the movie.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.