- Table View
- List View
For eighty-five years the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) has been engaged in developing standards for sound academic practice and in working for the acceptance of these standards by the community of higher education. The Association has long been viewed as the authoritative voice of the academic profession in this regard. The AAUP's Policy Documents and Reports (widely known as The Redbook because of the color of its cover) presents in convenient format a wide range of policies, formulated at times in cooperation with other organizations. The current edition, the ninth (the first was published in 1968), includes basic statements on academic freedom, tenure, and due process; professional ethics; research and teaching; discrimination; academic governance; collective bargaining; students' rights and freedoms; and accreditation. Among the new documents not found in previous editions are statements on post-tenure review; tenure in the medical school; access to university records; the assignment of course grades and student appeals thereof; institutional responsibility for legal demands on faculty; distance education; intellectual property; and collegiality as a criterion for faculty evaluation. An appendix lists selected judicial decisions and scholarly writings that refer to AAUP standards. The documents in The Redbook offer guidance to all components of the academic community--trustees, administrators, faculty, and students--for the development of institutional policy and for the resolution of concrete issues as they arise.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.