- Table View
- List View
Wacky Wisdom about the Weird and Wonderful Things of Life that bring Refreshment to Your Soul Martin Babb's slightly skewed view of the world makes for engaging, enlightening, and enlivening reading as he waxes eloquent about the weird and wonderful things of life. Amid the humor, you'll find spiritual refreshment for your soul and wisdom for living life as God intended. In this hilarious collection of brief writings about the funnier side of life, you'll find titles like: "It's OK to Sing to Mushrooms, but Never Goose a Moose" "What Would Happen if Beauty Ignored the Beast?" "When Life Gives You Cicadas, Make Earrings" "What Happens When You Squeeze a Chihuahua?" "Did the Pilgrims Drive a Mayflower Subcompact?" "The Best Stage for a Teenager Is the One That's Leaving Town" Each humorous essay is just two or three pages long and concludes with an easy-to-swallow lesson. But you'll hardly feel the lessons for the laughter. Take a much-needed break, put your feet up, relax, and prepare to laugh. Your soul will be hilariously refreshed.
Just a quick glance at the table of contents will tell you that this isn't your standard inspirational book. Consider these chapter titles: "It's a Dog-Eat-Dog World and Cats Are Waiting Tables,""I Need a Rocky Mountain High Because I've Reached a Barry Manilow,"and "If the Incredible Edible Roadkill Bill Passes, Will There Really Be a Fork in the Road?" Martin Babb moves beyond such extraordinary titles to address the ordinary issues we all face on a daily basis -- surviving trials, loving others, parenting, developing a servant's heart, and a variety of other down-to-earth topics. With each life-affirming lesson, he plants whimsical seeds intended to nurture serious reflection. When Did Caesar Become a Salad and Jeremiah a Bullfrog will give you a reason to smile and something to chew on with its unconventional collection of bite-sized essays.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.