- Table View
- List View
Wacky Wisdom about the Weird and Wonderful Things of Life that bring Refreshment to Your Soul Martin Babb's slightly skewed view of the world makes for engaging, enlightening, and enlivening reading as he waxes eloquent about the weird and wonderful things of life. Amid the humor, you'll find spiritual refreshment for your soul and wisdom for living life as God intended. In this hilarious collection of brief writings about the funnier side of life, you'll find titles like: "It's OK to Sing to Mushrooms, but Never Goose a Moose" "What Would Happen if Beauty Ignored the Beast?" "When Life Gives You Cicadas, Make Earrings" "What Happens When You Squeeze a Chihuahua?" "Did the Pilgrims Drive a Mayflower Subcompact?" "The Best Stage for a Teenager Is the One That's Leaving Town" Each humorous essay is just two or three pages long and concludes with an easy-to-swallow lesson. But you'll hardly feel the lessons for the laughter. Take a much-needed break, put your feet up, relax, and prepare to laugh. Your soul will be hilariously refreshed.
Just a quick glance at the table of contents will tell you that this isn't your standard inspirational book. Consider these chapter titles: "It's a Dog-Eat-Dog World and Cats Are Waiting Tables,""I Need a Rocky Mountain High Because I've Reached a Barry Manilow,"and "If the Incredible Edible Roadkill Bill Passes, Will There Really Be a Fork in the Road?" Martin Babb moves beyond such extraordinary titles to address the ordinary issues we all face on a daily basis -- surviving trials, loving others, parenting, developing a servant's heart, and a variety of other down-to-earth topics. With each life-affirming lesson, he plants whimsical seeds intended to nurture serious reflection. When Did Caesar Become a Salad and Jeremiah a Bullfrog will give you a reason to smile and something to chew on with its unconventional collection of bite-sized essays.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.