- Table View
- List View
Rothschild, a psychotherapist since 1976, offers common-sense guidelines for trauma recovery, intended to reduce the trauma of self-help recovery and trauma therapy. The author stresses that remembering every detail of a traumatic incident is not necessary for recovery. The eight principles outlined, related to mindfulness, identification as a survivor, stopping flashbacks, forgiving yourself, using movement and exercise to enhance healing, can be used alone or with any book or treatment program. The book concludes with specific notes to past, present, and future clients of trauma therapy, and to trauma treatment professionals. Rothschild holds a Master's degree in social work and a certification as licensed clinical social worker. She is a member of the Society for Traumatic Stress Studies. Annotation ©2010 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.