- Table View
- List View
Rothschild, a psychotherapist since 1976, offers common-sense guidelines for trauma recovery, intended to reduce the trauma of self-help recovery and trauma therapy. The author stresses that remembering every detail of a traumatic incident is not necessary for recovery. The eight principles outlined, related to mindfulness, identification as a survivor, stopping flashbacks, forgiving yourself, using movement and exercise to enhance healing, can be used alone or with any book or treatment program. The book concludes with specific notes to past, present, and future clients of trauma therapy, and to trauma treatment professionals. Rothschild holds a Master's degree in social work and a certification as licensed clinical social worker. She is a member of the Society for Traumatic Stress Studies. Annotation ©2010 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.