- Table View
- List View
Few objects evoke the spirit of Christmas and a holiday atmosphere more effectively than light and airy snowflakes. Now, with this unusually extensive and comprehensive collection of patterns, crocheters can add exquisitely shaped "snow gems" to their treasure chest of festive ornaments.Delicate snowflake patterns, infinite in form and amazingly symmetrical, are among the most popular designs with today's needleworkers. The 60 motifs in this collection, based on photographs of actual snowflakes from the book Snow Crystals by W. A. Bentley and W. L. J. Humphreys, include simple shapes for beginners, as well as intricate and challenging motifs for the more advanced. Eye-catching patterns include star-shaped wheels, exotic flower-like webs, six-side jewels of intricately worked threads, and a kaleidoscope of lacy arms and elaborate fern-like compositions.Ideal for decorating Christmas trees, windows, and packages, or for framing, the snowflake patterns included here come with complete directions and finely detailed illustrations; and unlike nature's fragile, short-lived crystals, these inexpensive ornaments will be a joy to behold for years to come.
This unusually comprehensive collection features patterns based on actual snowflake photographs. At the beginning of the book, the author gives easy-to-follow instructions for each stitch used in this book. The threads she suggests work up beautifully, though other brands will also make wonderful snowflakes. Some patterns are easy; some are intricate, but all rely on just a few basic stitches.
"There is a little something for everyone in this. I've been crocheting for years but have just decided to learn pattern. This is a great start. Easy to read and understand. I can't wait to have homemade ornaments on my tree this year!" --ThebohemianhousewifeCreate snowflakes, wreaths, stars, and other charming Christmas ornaments with this excellent guide. Easy-to-follow instructions explain how to make over 50 attractive decorations that can be worked up quickly. These delicate, handmade items are ideal for adorning gift packages, Christmas trees, and doors and windows, as well as for use as table centerpieces. Projects range from ornaments suitable for beginning crocheters to those requiring intermediate or advanced skills. In addition to specific directions for each item and close-up photos of completed projects, a general crochet tutorial offers helpful tips.
Charted designs for 29 distinctive alphabets. Letters on balloons, trains, more. Ideal for counted cross-stich, needlepoint. Instructions, color keys.
A science textbook about cells, the basic unit of life, heredity and the history of life.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.