- Table View
- List View
A collection of three novellas celebrating the beauty of Christmas at Grace Chapel Inn. It's Christmas morning, and as the Howard sisters celebrate some of their family's treasured traditions, they reminisce about Christmases past. Jane reads from the Bible, just like their father always did, and remembers when she took part in a Living Nativity. Cast as an angel, she decided to make her part more exciting, resulting in a dangerous fall from a hayloft. She should have been injured, but insists a strong pair of arms protected her as she fell -- a Christmas miracle that changed the course of her life. Louise studies the badly-constructed stocking she made for her newborn daughter Cynthia and remembers her first Christmas as a mom. And Alice examines the special Christmas ornament she received the year she organized a program to give all the animals from a nearby shelter a home for Christmas. The novellas capture a sense of nostalgia and the ideal of a good old-fashioned Christmas.
The Howard sisters have welcomed many unusual guests at Grace Chapel Inn, but none more unusual or endearing than a four-legged creature in distress. Can they help this orphan find a proper home? Meanwhile, Louise finds herself in a difficult situation when her latest student sits behind the wheel of a car instead of in front of a keyboard. And Jane enjoys the company of a guest who happens to be an antiques expert and shows the youngest Howard a thing or two about kindness, careful shopping, and making old things new.
An exciting overview of the manufacturers, design and subject matter used in 19th and 20th century American postcards.
Warm April showers bring new life to Jane's garden and new opportunities for the ladies of Grace Chapel Inn. Alice agrees to help Vera Humbert chaperone a school field trip to Philadelphia, but keeping track of a lively group of boys teaches her a few lessons of her own. Louise is left in charge of Nine Lives Bookstore and a most unusual helper, and Jane does everything she can to keep their beloved minister from leaving his position at Grace Chapel.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.