- Table View
- List View
A guide to making money sans job offers insight-provoking interactive tests, self-evaluations, charts, and checklists, as well as numerous anecdotes about people who are successfully self-employed.
For all of the millions of Americans who are out of work, soon to be out of work, or wishing to be freed from unrewarding work--here is the must-have book that will show you how you can make a living by working when, where, and how you want. Newly revised and updated, Barbara J. Winter's guide to successful self-employment is now more relevant than ever before. Drawing on the techniques and ideas of her popular seminars as well as her own thirty years of business expertise and that of other successful entrepreneurs, Winter offers the practical, proven way to launch your own profitable venture. Her indispensable advice ranges from why creativity is more important than capital to how to avoid the most common pitfalls of self-employment and how to develop multiple profit centers.And for this new edition, she has added timely advice on topics including:*how to find opportunity in a chaotic economy *why smart, small and spunky is the 21st Century business model *using the Internet to open the door to fresh opportunities *the best resources to help you create and grow a business that is uniquely your own*how to leave Employee Thinking behind and build an Entrepreneur's Mindset*and much moreHere are all of the tools you need for getting the most profit out of life both professionally and personally.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.