- Table View
- List View
A must-have pedagogical resource from an expert Java educator As a Linux-based operating system designed for mobile devices, the Android OS allows programs to run on all Android devices and appear free in the Android Market. Whether you're a beginner programmer eager to create mobile applications or you're Android-savvy and looking to submit your apps to the Android Market, this compilation of eight minibooks takes you through the ins and outs of programming for Android phones. Java expert Barry Burd walks you through Android programming basics, shares techniques for developing great Android applications, reviews Android hardware, and much more. Uses the straightforward-but-fun "For Dummies" style to walk you through the ins and outs of programming for Android mobile devices Features eight minibooks that take you from novice Android user to confidently developing Android applications Addresses Android programming basics, the operating system, hardware, and security Details what it takes to develop amazing Android apps Covers the Eclipse environment and SQLite Start developing applications for the Android OS today with the expert advice in "Android Application Development All-in-One For Dummies. "
Covering everything from basic Java development concepts to the latest tools and techniques used in Java, this book will put would-be programmers on their way to Java mastery Explores what goes into creating a program, how to put the pieces together, dealing with standard programming challenges, debugging, and making it work Updated for the release of the Java SDK 2. 0, with all examples revised to reflect the changes in the technology
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.