- Table View
- List View
A full-color cookbook and health guide featuring 100 recipes designed to reduce the risk and delay the onset of Alzheimer's, dementia, and memory loss, for people with a family history of these conditions or those already in the early stages, and their caregivers. Eat Smart, Stay SharpStrong medical evidence suggests that simple changes and additions to your diet can reduce the risk or delay the onset of Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia and memory loss. In The Alzheimer's Prevention Cookbook, Dr. Marwan Sabbagh outlines the latest evidence-based research on Alzheimer's and nutrition, and presents a dietary plan with nearly 100 recipes to enhance your health. Incorporating high-powered brain-boosting ingredients like turmeric, cinnamon, leafy greens, and even red wine, the recipes developed by Food Network star chef Beau MacMillan are also full of antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, and omega-3s. The Alzheimer's Prevention Cookbook is a science-to-table plan that can help prevent Alzheimer's disease, and its strategies and recipes--from sandwiches to salads and beverages to main dishes--can also diminish your chances of developing other inflammatory illnesses like heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. This combination cookbook and health guide is a powerful, proactive, and preventive approach to achieving optimum brain health.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.