- Table View
- List View
At Animal Ark, Mandy Hope helps her parents treat animals of all shapes and sizes. Even outside the clinic, Mandy can't resist helping any animal in need. But now Mandy has set off for Dorset where there's a mysterious horse being seen. Will Mandy be able to solve this mystery?
Mandy and James can hardly wait to accompany Mandy's father to Folan's Racing Stables. But when they arrive, they find that there is trouble. Some of the jockeys believe the stables are haunted by Tibor, a stallion who died in a race.
A wild tabby cat has turned up in Welford and Mandy is worried. The poor cat is about to have kittens, and she has no one to look after her.
Wayne Skilton has just moved to Mandy's town from London. At first, he's not enthusiastic about country life and he's not very friendly. But a nicer side of Wayne is revealed when he's seen petting a tabby cat from the neighborhood. When Many and James see the cat again and realize it has an eye infection, they must seek medical help and notify the cat's owner -- an old lady named Mrs. Webb, who's a recluse and won't answer her door. But Wayne's soft side soon comes in handy when he finds a way to make contact with her. Who is this mysterious woman, and what can the kids do to help her and her beautiful cat?
While helping to set up a Santa land outside Walton Cottage Hospital, Mandy and James spot a stray Jack Russell terrier. They also befriend Charlie, a young patient, who desperately wants a dog for Christmas.
Jody and her family are going to visit a center where dolphins help to teach disabled children. When one of the dolphins gets caught in a net, it takes the help of a disabled child to get her home to safety.
Jody McGrath's dolphin dreams are coming true! Her whole family is researching dolphins - and Jody is recording all their exciting adventures in her diary. Jody is at Dolphin Haven in the Bahamas, where dolphins Bella, Misty, and Evie are about to give birth. Everyone is excited -but also worried. In the past, Evie's calves have died, and this may be her last chance to become a mother. Will her calf survive?
On a short vacation in Scotland, Mandy and her friend James visit the local wildlife park to see the star attraction -- two young wolves. Though the wolves are beautiful, some of the townspeople are scared and determined to have them sent away.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.