- Table View
- List View
In a story told through his mother's eyes, Arthur is seen as a sometimes annoying, but always lovable, anteater.
Bearsie Bear is just falling asleep when a very cold Moosie Moose knocks on the door and asks to sleep over in Bearsie Bear's warm bed. Next knocks Cowsie Cow, then Piggie Pig, then Foxie Fox, then Goosie Goose...and the bed becomes, to say the least, crowded. The final knock is from Porkie Porcupine, whose insistence on a place to sleep causes a very pointed problem. How these animal friends make room for one another makes for a truly friendly picture book read-aloud for very young children.
Ira confronts several emotions when he learns his best friend Reggie is moving away.
Ira is thrilled to spend the night at Reggie's, until his sister raises the question of whether he should take his teddy bear.
A cranky neighbor puts Lyle in the zoo but experiences a change of heart when the crocodile saves him from a fire.
Once upon a time in the jungle... a rhinoceros came upon a hippopotamus splashing about in the mud. "You look ridiculous," said the rhinoceros to the hippopotamus. "But I like mud," answered the hippopotamus. "Oh, it isn't the mud that makes you look ridiculous," said the rhinoceros. "It's your nose." And so it was that the hippopotamus came to investigate her nose - then her mane, her spots, her ears - as one after another of the animals made his polite suggestion. This is a book full of kindness and foible, told with gentleness and humor by a real master of both. Bernard Waber's original illustrations radiate a fresh joy in animal life just as his childlike story reveals one of the fundamental truths of human life.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.