- Table View
- List View
In a story told through his mother's eyes, Arthur is seen as a sometimes annoying, but always lovable, anteater.
Bearsie Bear is just falling asleep when a very cold Moosie Moose knocks on the door and asks to sleep over in Bearsie Bear's warm bed. Next knocks Cowsie Cow, then Piggie Pig, then Foxie Fox, then Goosie Goose...and the bed becomes, to say the least, crowded. The final knock is from Porkie Porcupine, whose insistence on a place to sleep causes a very pointed problem. How these animal friends make room for one another makes for a truly friendly picture book read-aloud for very young children.
Ira confronts several emotions when he learns his best friend Reggie is moving away.
Ira is thrilled to spend the night at Reggie's, until his sister raises the question of whether he should take his teddy bear.
A cranky neighbor puts Lyle in the zoo but experiences a change of heart when the crocodile saves him from a fire.
Once upon a time in the jungle... a rhinoceros came upon a hippopotamus splashing about in the mud. "You look ridiculous," said the rhinoceros to the hippopotamus. "But I like mud," answered the hippopotamus. "Oh, it isn't the mud that makes you look ridiculous," said the rhinoceros. "It's your nose." And so it was that the hippopotamus came to investigate her nose - then her mane, her spots, her ears - as one after another of the animals made his polite suggestion. This is a book full of kindness and foible, told with gentleness and humor by a real master of both. Bernard Waber's original illustrations radiate a fresh joy in animal life just as his childlike story reveals one of the fundamental truths of human life.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.