- Table View
- List View
While early studies of the auditory/vestibular sciences provided insights into the anatomy and neurophysiology of these systems and produced a prosthetic cochlear implant, the rise of molecular biology now permits a clear examination of the genetic basis for various hearing and balance disorders. In Auditory and Vestibular Research: Methods and Protocols, specialists in the field describe current RNA, protein, and imaging protocols that have provided insights into genetic regulation as well as a greater understanding of the genes and pathogens involved in diseases of the ear. This overview utilizes both mammalian and non-mammalian animal models as well as techniques applicable to clinical studies in order to best provide an up-to-date perspective on basic research. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters include brief introductions to their subjects, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and Notes sections, highlighting tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Auditory and Vestibular Research: Methods and Protocols is an ideal guide to the field and a useful tool for exploring genes and proteins in other systems as well, especially systems in which tissues are scarce and a comparative approach lends itself to discovering the underlying causes of human disorders.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.