- Table View
- List View
This book can answer the following questions: * How do you become dependent on other people, things and places? * Does your dependency change as you become older? * How does it feel to be separated from the people, things, and places you depend on? * What facts about separation do you need to know? * How can you handle separation appropriately?
People used to believe that children should be kept ignorant for their own sake. In our rapidly changing world, this simply isn't realistic any more. Your children need to know as much as they can about life and its danger zones. Since their imaginations can create fantasies worse than any actual situation, they need correct and comprehensible information. The more children know, the better they will be able to protect themselves should they encounter a dangerous situation. All responsible, caring adults want children to be safe. Unfortunately, our society is becoming increasingly unsafe for children. Young people ware being physically abused and neglected in alarming numbers. Recent statistics estimate that approximately one million cases of abuse and neglect occur in schools, day care centers, camps, baby sitters' homes, and other "safe" places.
From the book: If you are like most parents, nothing can rankle your nerves more than a whining child--especially when the child is yours! Well, you can rest easy because help is on the way. This book can become your best defense against a whining child. The purpose of this book is to help children understand why they whine and why it is counter-productive for them to do so. In addition, it teaches children more appropriate ways to get the attention they want and need. This is an excellent book for children and parents to read together.
This book is part of the HELP ME BE GOOD series by Joy Berry. Picture descriptions add to the enjoyment of this book. Other books by this author are available from Bookshare.
This book is about Randy and his friends T.J. and Tami. Reading about Randy and his friends can help you understand and deal with being greedy.
This book shows children how other people feel when we are being mean, or how we feel when others are mean to us.
This book shows children what happens when we are not careful of ourselves, careful of our things and careful around others.
In this book, part of the Let's Talk About series, Joy Berry shows children why it is important to keep your promises.
Part of Joy Berry's "Let's Talk About" series, this book helps children to understand when it is ok to say no.
Basic kid friendly directions for caring for your clothes, from laundry, putting them away and fixing them.
Talks to kids about how budgets work and how to save and earn money to get what you want.
This informative guide provides valuable information on basic house keeping skills, such as making your bed, picking up your suff, cleaning your room, and keep things organized and neat. As the author suggests sometimes children don't know how to do these because they were not taught how to do them.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.