- Table View
- List View
This book can answer the following questions: * How do you become dependent on other people, things and places? * Does your dependency change as you become older? * How does it feel to be separated from the people, things, and places you depend on? * What facts about separation do you need to know? * How can you handle separation appropriately?
People used to believe that children should be kept ignorant for their own sake. In our rapidly changing world, this simply isn't realistic any more. Your children need to know as much as they can about life and its danger zones. Since their imaginations can create fantasies worse than any actual situation, they need correct and comprehensible information. The more children know, the better they will be able to protect themselves should they encounter a dangerous situation. All responsible, caring adults want children to be safe. Unfortunately, our society is becoming increasingly unsafe for children. Young people ware being physically abused and neglected in alarming numbers. Recent statistics estimate that approximately one million cases of abuse and neglect occur in schools, day care centers, camps, baby sitters' homes, and other "safe" places.
From the book: If you are like most parents, nothing can rankle your nerves more than a whining child--especially when the child is yours! Well, you can rest easy because help is on the way. This book can become your best defense against a whining child. The purpose of this book is to help children understand why they whine and why it is counter-productive for them to do so. In addition, it teaches children more appropriate ways to get the attention they want and need. This is an excellent book for children and parents to read together.
This book is part of the HELP ME BE GOOD series by Joy Berry. Picture descriptions add to the enjoyment of this book. Other books by this author are available from Bookshare.
This book is about Randy and his friends T.J. and Tami. Reading about Randy and his friends can help you understand and deal with being greedy.
This book shows children how other people feel when we are being mean, or how we feel when others are mean to us.
This book shows children what happens when we are not careful of ourselves, careful of our things and careful around others.
In this book, part of the Let's Talk About series, Joy Berry shows children why it is important to keep your promises.
Part of Joy Berry's "Let's Talk About" series, this book helps children to understand when it is ok to say no.
Basic kid friendly directions for caring for your clothes, from laundry, putting them away and fixing them.
Talks to kids about how budgets work and how to save and earn money to get what you want.
This informative guide provides valuable information on basic house keeping skills, such as making your bed, picking up your suff, cleaning your room, and keep things organized and neat. As the author suggests sometimes children don't know how to do these because they were not taught how to do them.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.