- Table View
- List View
History Alive! The Medieval World and Beyond is probably unlike any other history program you have ever encountered. Perhaps you have been in history classes where you listen to the teacher and then read a textbook and answer chapter questions. Does this approach make you excited about learning history? Most students would say no, and educational researchers would tend to agree. Researchers have discovered new ways of reaching all students in the diverse classroom. This program relies on three of their theories: 1) Students learn best through multiple intelligences; 2) Cooperative interaction increases learning gains; and, 3) All students can learn via the spiral curriculum.
History Alive! The United States through Industrialism was developed by middle school teachers at Teachers' Curriculum Institute (TCI).
History Alive! The United States Through Industrialism is probably unlike any other history program you have ever encountered. Perhaps you have been in history classes where you listen to the teacher and then read a textbook and answer chapter questions. Does this approach make you excited about learning history? Most students would say no, and educational researchers would tend to agree. Researchers have discovered new ways of reaching all students in the diverse classroom. This program relies on three of their theories.
In this chapter, you will learn that a community is a place where people live, work, and play. A community is also a place where people solve problems together.
A grade 1 book that takes the children through social studies in a simple, clear and understandable language. It briefly covers the following topics; How Do We Get Along in School? Why Is It Important to Learn from Each Other? Why Do Schools Have Rules? Who Helps Us at School? How Are We Good Helpers at School? What Is a Map? What Was School Like Long Ago? What Groups Do We Belong To? How Are Families Special? What Do Families Need and Want? How Do Family Members Care for Each Other? How Do Families Change? What Are Family Traditions? What Do Good Neighbors Do?
A textbook about the people of the United States.
The social sciences are the study of how people live in groups. Some social scientists study small groups, such as families. Others study large groups, such as nations. They learn about the economy, geography, history, and politics of the groups they study. Social scientists want to understand why people behave as they do. To find out, they watch people. They ask questions. They study written records, such as letters and news stories. They also study artifacts. Artifacts are things people use in their daily lives. Your clothes are a kind of artifact. So are all the things in your backpack. What would a social scientist learn about you by studying these artifacts? You might be surprised by the answer!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.