- Table View
- List View
One of the best-selling resume books of all time and a trusted resource for job-seekers for nearly three decades, this edition of The Damn Good Resume Guide has been completely revised and updated for today's marketplace.One of the best-selling resume books of all time and a trusted resource for job-seekers for nearly three decades, this edition of The Damn Good Resume Guide has been completely revised and updated for today's marketplace.The Shortest Distance Between You and Your Next Job For hundreds of thousands of job seekers, The Damn Good Resume Guide has been the go-to resource for writing and refining their resumes to damn near perfection. Filled with savvy advice and written in a straightforward, user-friendly style, The Damn Good Resume Guide will help you zero in on that dream job, then craft a winning resume that gets your foot in the door. This tried-and-true best seller has been fully revised and updated for today's job market, including: Contemporary sample resumes (all of which landed interviews!) with job objectives running the career gamut--from line cook to sales manager, school principal to software engineer.Tips on creating a functional, chronological, or hybrid resume--and advice on choosing which format is best for you.What to include and what to leave out of your resume, so you get the job you really want.Smart ways to deal with gaps in your work history and other less-than-ideal resume scenarios.Instructions for writing cover emails and submitting resumes electronically.How to set up (and excel at) an informational interview.Advice for formatting, polishing, and proofing your resume so that it stands out in the right way.And much more!Follow Parker and Brown's ten easy steps, and you'll be well on your way to a smart, effective, and thoroughly modern resume--a resume that makes you look good and produces results.
The book is intended to provide introduction to programming using Java and to prepare students for further study in the programming/computer science field.
An Introduction to Programming Using Microsoft Visual Basic .NET is written for a one-term or two-term course. No previous programming experience is required or assumed. It is the goal of this text to provide students the best possible introduction to programming using Visual Basic .NET, whether they will continue on to more advanced computer science courses or end their programming education with this introductory course.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.