- Table View
- List View
Can a young widow find love again with her husband's reflection? Haley's three-year marriage to Sam, an army medic, ends tragically when he's killed in Afghanistan. Her attempts to create a new life for herself are ambushed when she arrives home one evening--and finds her husband waiting for her. Did the military make an unimaginable mistake when they told her Sam was killed? Too late to make things right with his estranged twin brother, Stephen discovers Sam never told Haley about him. As Haley and Stephen navigate their fragile relationship, they are inexorably drawn to each other. How can they honor the memory of a man whose death brought them together--and whose ghost could drive them apart? Somebody Like You is a beautifully rendered, affecting novel, reminding us that while we can't change the past, we have the choice to change the future and start anew.f Haley loving him as Stephen--and not as some reflection of his twin. How can Haley and Stephen honor the memory of a man whose death brought them together--and whose ghost could drive them apart? Somebody Like You reminds us that while we can't change the past, we have the choice--and the power through God--to change the future and start anew.
A heartwarming follow-up to Beth K. Vogt's Wish You Were Here, called "quirky, snappy, and sweet" by bestselling and award-winning author Rachel Hauck, this e-short answers all of your lingering questions about Seth, Allison, and Daniel.Seth Rayner's plans and dreams for the future disintegrated two years ago--when his bride-to-be fell for his brother, Daniel, and bolted from the church just before saying, "I do." Meghan Holloway, Allison's best friend, is tired of men deciding she's too outrageous and not worth the effort to love. When Seth and Meghan are thrown together to plan a whirlwind wedding for Allison and Daniel, can they overcome their feelings of dislike they've held on to since high school and get along--and possibly find love? This feel-good short story will have you smiling from beginning to end as Seth and Meghan discover that sometimes opposites do attract.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.