- Table View
- List View
Elementary Statistics: Picturing the World, Sixth Edition, provides stepped out instruction, real-life examples and exercises, and the use of technology to offer the most accessible approach. The authors carefully develop theory through strong pedagogy, and examples show how statistics is used to picture and describe the world. In keeping with the premise that students learn best by doing, it includes more than 210 examples and more than 2300 exercises, to make the concepts of statistics a part of students' everyday lives.
This textbook is written with a balance of rigor and simplicity. It combines step-by-step instruction, real-life examples and exercises, carefully developed features, and technology that makes statistics accessible to all. The Fifth Edition has a thorough update of the key features, examples, and exercises.
The book offers the most accessible approach to statistics, with a strong visual/graphical emphasis and a vast number of examples on the premise that students learn best by "doing". The fourth edition features many updates and revisions that place increased emphasis on interpretation of results and critical thinking in addition to calculations. This emphasis on "statistical literacy" is reflective of the GAISE recommendations.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.