- Table View
- List View
No rebounds. . . Jenna Gaines has her Ph.D., a great teaching job at her alma mater, everything she ever wanted in life . . . almost. Once upon a time she wanted Scott Hendricks, but the NBA called and he left her to become a hoops star. Now his career is over, and the only man Jenna ever loved is back at her school and in her life-too many years too late, as far as she's concerned. Jenna would have given up her dreams to follow Scott, which was the last thing he wanted. All Scott can think about now is the taste of her lips and how it feels to caress her silky ebony skin, but Jenna won't give him a second chance to break her heart. She will, however, let him be her backup and support when she reconnects with her long-lost brother. But anything could happen on their fateful trip-because Scott still has the moves . . . and the magic.
Funny, sexy, and hot, ex-NBA star Ralph Prescott is Vanessa Grant's dream lover. He's also a notorious, no-good player-the wrong kind of man for a woman with big responsibilities. But at a mutual friend's lavish wedding, passion and curiosity get the best of maid of honor Vanessa, and Ralph reveals himself to be the best man in more ways than one. Ralph has had more than his share of women, but none has captivated him like Vanessa. To convince her that his player days are behind him, he'll have to show her what kind of man he truly is. He'll have to fight every inch of the way to break through her defenses and claim the blazing ecstasy they both want . . . and show her why she can't-and shouldn't-say no.
Temptation in paradise Smart, sexy, successful Laura Murdock never mastered the fine arts of loving and trusting. Taking a well-deserved vacation from her work at a Detroit women's crisis center, she's prepared for three glorious weeks in the Virgin Islands. What she's not ready for is Wilham Sebastian Kramer. A brilliant artist, Wilham is pure magic-as bold and bewitching as his remarkable paintings. When Laura agrees to pose for him, she realizes she's stoking a fire too hot for either of them to control. So she runs from his arms, driven away from quite possibly the perfect man by a lifetime of cruel lessons. But the flame will not die-and the memory of their sweet and sultry island magic haunts her sleepless nights, tempting her back. Yet Laura is far too wise and much too stubborn to admit she desires this man with all her soul. After all, she knows pain and heartbreak always follow surrender . . . don't they?
A sexy NFL star reunites with his lost love and finds a family he never knew existed in this exciting new contemporary African American romance. Brynne Armstrong, a counsellor at a Detroit women's centre, returned to Detroit after an abrupt break-up with her boyfriend Devin Prescott, star NFL quarterback. For the past four years her life has revolved around work and her 3-year-old daughter Shanna, but that changes when Devin suddenly reappears.Devin is shocked to run into Brynne at a party. His old pain returns as he remembers how Brynne left him without any explanation. But he finally gets his explanation, or at least part of it, when Brynne tells him she left because she was pregnant. What she doesn't tell him is that she became pregnant after being raped, and doesn't know if the baby is Devin's or her attacker's. She has never tried to find out Shanna's father's identity out of fear that it would be the attacker, but now she must know the truth and asks Devin to take a paternity test. They discover that he is the father. Not knowing about her attack, he's furious and hurt that she was cheating on him, and that he missed the first years of his daughter's life. As he spends time with Shanna he feels confused about Brynne. He still loves her but thinks he can't trust her. Brynne also still loves him, but she's never told anyone about her attack. She is afraid of what he will think, or if he'll even believe her. But they know they want to be a family, and that will mean taking risks and learning to trust each other again.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.