- Table View
- List View
The story is about a homosexual boy, Stephan Jones, getting harassed by others and finally being brutally murdered.
Beth Lambert's got everything going for her at school, and she's sure all of her dreams will come true. But that was before Philip Hall became #1 again. Beth's going to show him up--in style!
Join the irrepressible Beth Lambert as she goes home after a long visit with her grandmother in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas. Beth is happy to see her friends the Pretty Pennies, and even happier to see her family (and eat her mother's fried turkey, tamale pie, and floradora potatoes), but she might just be happiest of all to see her best friend, Philip Hall. But not for long, because Philip gets it into his head (with a little help from Beth) that she made a new friend in Walnut Ridge -- a boyfriend. Now Philip won't rest until he meets this "nutty Walnutter" face-to-face in an arm-wrestling match in front of the whole town. There's only one problem -- Beth's new friend doesn't exist. She made him up! Once again Beth's mouth has gotten her into trouble. And once again she'll have to do some fast talking to see if she can get herself out of it.
Eighteen-year-old Patty is not able to face future till she knows her past. She decides to go to Germany in search of Anton's mother a link to the man she loved and lost. She stops in Paris, where she meets Roger; now she must think twice..
Eleven-year-old Beth is growing up in rural Arkansas. She has a crush on her neighbor and best friend, Phillip Hall. During the course of the nine months in which the story takes place, Beth learns important lessons about friendship and what it means to be the best. Newbery Honor book.
As Patty Bergen turns twelve, her hometown turns into a campsite for German prisoners during World War II and she comes to befriend a Nazi prison escapee.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.