- Table View
- List View
The time of the New Year was an exciting one. The longhouses of the Iroquois were filled with busy people as everyone helped prepare for the celebration. Little Runner envied the big boys who put on masks and threatened to steal prized possessions until they were dissuaded with large servings of maple sugar. It was an Iroquois ceremony, but it was the candy, not the custom, that appealed to Little Runner. Little Runner did his best to convince his mother that he was one of the big boys, but she could not be fooled. How he finally achieved his goal makes a warmly happy story. The stunning pictures and skillfully chosen words realistically re-create the Iroquois way of life, and children will find this book that they can actually read by themselves both absorbing and delightful.
The story of an Indian boy on the doomed expedition to find Cibola, the City of Gold.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.