- Table View
- List View
Food just tastes better under an open sky. In this handbook to the alfresco life, one of our best-known cooking teachers shows how to please friends, neighbors, and family with hundreds of delicious dishes suitable for enjoying the great outdoors--whether it's a rooftop garden or a sprawling lawn. With classic fare such as fried chicken and potato salad, grilled favorites like juicy burgers, barbecued ribs, and sweet summer corn, plus fabulous new creations like Lamb Chops with Roquefort, Figs, and Rosemary and Chocolate Toffee Brownie Cake, eating and entertaining outdoors has never been easier. Rosbottom includes her favorite marinades and sauces, appetizers to keep the crowds at bay, deliciously fresh salads and starters, summery desserts, and much more, not to mention great tips for making sure grilled meats are done to perfection. Covering everything from fine dining under the stars to Sunday picnics by the lake, this latest addition to the big-selling Big Book series is the perfect guide to taking it outside.
Betty Rosbottom, beloved author of Sunday Soup and Sunday Roasts, knows how to make Sundays feel special. For this third title in her Sunday series, she turns to the most leisurely and convivial meal of the week, brunch. Providing a year's worth of special meals, this book contains 80 mouthwatering recipes for eggs, stratas, pancakes, waffles, quickbreads, hash, and beverages, as well as 32 tantalizing color photographs and dozens of delicious menus. Full of enduring staples and delicious surprises, Sunday Brunch will become the go-to for tried and true Sunday treats.
Nothing beats spending a cozy Sunday in the kitchen, and Sunday Casseroles serves up the perfect afternoon activity. Home cooks searching for new ideas will love these 60 modern recipes using fresh, whole foods--no processed ingredients--while fans of the popular Sunday cookbook series (Sunday Roasts, Sunday Soup, and Sunday Brunch) will clamor for this latest offering featuring dishes designed to look as enticing as they taste, from the savory Sea Scallops Nestled in Piperade to the creamy "Baked" Risotto with its colorful chunks of butternut squash and prosciutto. Easy recipes, beautiful photographs, and mouthwatering results make this cookbook a staple for any kitchen.
Sunday Roasts contains 80 tantalizing recipes for slow-roasted meats, fowl, fish, and vegetables that compel a Sunday cook to enjoy good food and good living. With an earthy sensibility that celebrates quality ingredients, beloved author Betty Rosbottom pairs the special an herb rub, a tapenade, a twist of citrus with the primal: a substantial cut of meat. Roasts of all types and price ranges are represented, so cooks have everything they need to prepare for any occasion, from weeknight suppers to fancy holiday feasts. This timeless collection will become a kitchen staple.
Sunday is the perfect day to slow down and enjoy a heartwarming meal. From spicy chilies to steaming chowders, Sunday Soup features 60 recipes: one for each Sunday of the year, and then some. Gulf Coast Shrimp Gumbo is best for staving off the winter cold, while Dreamy Creamy Artichoke Soup welcomes the bounty of spring's vegetables. When it's too hot to turn on the stove, chill out with Icy Cucumber Soup with Smoked Salmon and Dill. A great selection of "Soup-er Sides" will turn any bowl of soup into a hearty meal. No matter the season, Sunday Soup offers all the inspiration one needs to pull out a stockpot and start simmering a new family tradition. Soup's on!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.