- Table View
- List View
Food just tastes better under an open sky. In this handbook to the alfresco life, one of our best-known cooking teachers shows how to please friends, neighbors, and family with hundreds of delicious dishes suitable for enjoying the great outdoors--whether it's a rooftop garden or a sprawling lawn. With classic fare such as fried chicken and potato salad, grilled favorites like juicy burgers, barbecued ribs, and sweet summer corn, plus fabulous new creations like Lamb Chops with Roquefort, Figs, and Rosemary and Chocolate Toffee Brownie Cake, eating and entertaining outdoors has never been easier. Rosbottom includes her favorite marinades and sauces, appetizers to keep the crowds at bay, deliciously fresh salads and starters, summery desserts, and much more, not to mention great tips for making sure grilled meats are done to perfection. Covering everything from fine dining under the stars to Sunday picnics by the lake, this latest addition to the big-selling Big Book series is the perfect guide to taking it outside.
Betty Rosbottom, beloved author of Sunday Soup and Sunday Roasts, knows how to make Sundays feel special. For this third title in her Sunday series, she turns to the most leisurely and convivial meal of the week, brunch. Providing a year's worth of special meals, this book contains 80 mouthwatering recipes for eggs, stratas, pancakes, waffles, quickbreads, hash, and beverages, as well as 32 tantalizing color photographs and dozens of delicious menus. Full of enduring staples and delicious surprises, Sunday Brunch will become the go-to for tried and true Sunday treats.
Sunday Roasts contains 80 tantalizing recipes for slow-roasted meats, fowl, fish, and vegetables that compel a Sunday cook to enjoy good food and good living. With an earthy sensibility that celebrates quality ingredients, beloved author Betty Rosbottom pairs the special an herb rub, a tapenade, a twist of citrus with the primal: a substantial cut of meat. Roasts of all types and price ranges are represented, so cooks have everything they need to prepare for any occasion, from weeknight suppers to fancy holiday feasts. This timeless collection will become a kitchen staple.
Sunday is the perfect day to slow down and enjoy a heartwarming meal. From spicy chilies to steaming chowders, Sunday Soup features 60 recipes: one for each Sunday of the year, and then some. Gulf Coast Shrimp Gumbo is best for staving off the winter cold, while Dreamy Creamy Artichoke Soup welcomes the bounty of spring's vegetables. When it's too hot to turn on the stove, chill out with Icy Cucumber Soup with Smoked Salmon and Dill. A great selection of "Soup-er Sides" will turn any bowl of soup into a hearty meal. No matter the season, Sunday Soup offers all the inspiration one needs to pull out a stockpot and start simmering a new family tradition. Soup's on!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.