How big are Great Blue Herons? What do Great Blue Herons eat? Where do Great Blue Herons live? Find the answers to these questions, and learn much more about the physical characteristics, behavior, and lives of Great Blue Herons.
In this book you will learn about the kangaroo and many interesting things about them. Some kangaroos can climb trees, swim and run or rather hop faster than you can.
In this book you will learn about the many varieties of moths, where they live and their life cycle.
Did you know that mountain goats are more related to antelope than they are to goats? Learn about these interesting creatures in this book.
Ever wondered how monkeys live? What is the difference between an old and new world monkey? Read this book to find out a lot about these fascinating creatures.
Describes the physical features, hunting styles and habits of North American spiders.
Describes the physical features, habits and natural environment of this the largest of the big cats.
How many kinds of Zebras are there? How fast can a zebra run? Why does a zebra have stripes? Find the answers to these questions and more in this book about the physical characteristics, behavior, distribution, and life of zebras.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.