- Table View
- List View
From the C-suite to the sales force to the ground floor, downtime is deadly. When a job opens or turns over, organizations must adjust seamlessly. In Positioned, some of the world's best people strategists examine how best to address the constant challenge of having the right people available when needed. Thought leaders including Dave Ulrich, John Boudreau, James Walker, Jac Fitz-enz, Peter Howes, Dan Hilbert, and Naomi Stanford weigh in on the future of strategic staffing, virtual workplaces, disruptive technologies, globalization, and what practices will - and will not - help organizations thrive. Positioned captures the best workforce planning practices from leading organizations such as Boeing, HP, the U. S. Intelligence Community, and others in the private and public sectors. The book's Analytics section examines the evolution of workforce analytics and the roles of HR professionals and consultants. In an era of globally increasing complexity and competition for talent, shortages and misalignment can derail an organization's effectiveness. This book helps them get back on track.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.