- Table View
- List View
This book is a challenge to teens to live out the truth of their faith.
Combining the adrenaline-fueled adventure of Indiana Jones with the thrills of a Steve Berry Novel, The Bone Box is the latest in biblical archeological suspense. Archeologist and agnostic Randall Bullock has come to Israel to try and resurrect his crumbling career and shattered life. Teaming up with Miri Sharon, a beautiful representative of Israeli Antiques Authority, the two unearth a stone casket marked "Joseph, son of Caiaphas," which contains several fragile scrolls that document the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This discovery launches Miri and Randall, along with his estranged nineteen-year-old daughter, Tracy, into a race to validate the monumental find, no matter what the Israeli authorities, media circus, and archaeological rivals want the world to believe. Forced to face the power of this historical resurrection, Randall must also struggle with his own beliefs -- or lack of them -- while trying to keep the consequences of their discovery from taking a disastrous turn. The Bone Box, fraught with political intrigue, is a suspense-filled blend of historical fact, romance, and transforming faith. Through all the danger and struggle, Randall discovers how easy -- and deadly -- it is to ignore the evidence and reject the true story of Christ.
Every human heart longs to love and be loved. And every heart is unfulfilled until it falls in love with God.Why does anyone want to "fall in love?" With anyone? Perhaps it is because we instinctively recognize that love is the most pleasurable of all human sensations. Love makes us fell good. It satisfies our deepest needs. And if falling in love with another human being can do all of those things... How much more powerful could it be to fall in love with God?Falling in Love With God answers that question. Drawing from the ancient love story of Hosea, a prophet whose life and prophecy map how to fall in love with God, this book will fulfill the desires of all who long for a different - or deeper - relationship with God. This thoroughly biblical book will help and bless readers who long to love God with all their hearts...but just aren't sure why they don't, if they could, or how it happens.
"Many people seem to blithely skip through the meadows of this world, with nary a wound or scar. Day after day seems to shine on them. They wake up each morning with a smile on their face. . . . This book is not for them.There is something dreadfully wrong with this world, and everyone knows it.Some try to fix it. Some try to ignore it. Some recognize that the same thing that is wrong with the world is wrong with us--and nothing will change until we grasp that reality.Life Stinks . . . And Then You Die is a gritty, honest look at the world around us and the world inside us. It is based on an ancient book of wisdom that many consider to be the Bible's most perplexing book, Ecclesiastes, to a man who seemed to have every advantage--wealth, education, and power could possibly offer--but still struggled to find happiness and meaning. It does not offer platitudes. No easy fixes. It doesn't spackle over the rough reality of life in the twenty-first century. But it does offer perspective. And hope. And a plan for living well in spite of all that's wrong with the world and with us."
Evidencias cristianas para evitar confusión, sobre Dios, la Biblia y la fe.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.