Bob Russell, pastor of the 22,112-member Southeast Christian Church in Louisville, Kentucky, and author of When God Builds a Church, presents four powerful principles that will shape and sculpt your personality to be more like Christ's. In this profound book, Russell and his son, Rusty, deliver answers to four problem areas of our personalities that keep us from becoming what God wants us to be. Using biblical studies, contemporary illustrations, and practical teaching, the Russells help us move from being gripy to being grateful, from being filled with worry to being filled with peace, from bitterness to forgiveness and from depression to joy. The material in this book is perfect for small groups, Sunday school classes, or a motivational sermon series. Whether you are a student, teacher, professional, or parent, you will find this book life changing and richly rewarding.
Just as textile mills and automotive assembly plants have symbolized previous economic eras, the call centre stands as a potent reminder of the importance of information in contemporary economies. Bob Russell's Smiling Down the Line theorizes call centre work as info-service employment and looks at the effects of ever-changing technologies on service work, its associated skills, and the ways in which it is managed. Russell also considers globalization and contemporary managerial practices as centres are outsourced to poorer countries such as India and as new forms of management are introduced, refined, and discarded.Invoking extensive labour force surveys and interviews from Australia and India, Russell examines employee representation, work intensity, stress, emotional labour, and job skills in the call centre work environment. The cross-national approach of Smiling Down the Line highlights the effects of globalization and scrutinizes the similarities and differences that exist in info-service work between different industries and in different countries.
Some people are "prayer plodders": They pray not because prayer comes easy but because they believe in its power. Others are "prayer professionals": they are gifted in the practice of prayer; prayer seems to flow authentically and effectively from their hearts. Whether you are a plodder or a professional, you can be a prayer warrior-one whose prayers are powerful and effectual -- even efficient. The simple message of this book is that prayer works. Even if prayer doesn't always come easily or your prayers aren't always answered as you'd hoped, you will come away from this book convinced that God rewards genuine prayer. Open the pages of this book and see for yourself what happens when God answers prayer!
Can the church truly be the "city on a hill that cannot be hidden" that Jesus talked about in the Sermon on the Mount? Can it grow large enough to attract throngs of seekers and yet be loving enough to care for each individual that comes? Bob Russell, pastor of Southeast Christian Church -- one of the largest and fastest growing churches in America -- says that it most certainly can. But it can only be done when we are submissive to God's will and allow Him to build that church. In the pages of this far-sighted, uncompromising book, Bob Russell and his son Rusty share the ten principles upon which this remarkable church was founded. Throughout the book, you will see God's mighty power at work in a church that began in 1962 with only 50 members and has now grown to over 14,000 and has become a bustling "city on a hill" whose beaming faith powerfully impacts its community and the world. This book shares not only the story of one of the most amazing churches in America but also the story of what your church can become as you follow these ten time-tested principles and allow God to build your church.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.