Is learning about your heritage a waste of time? Is a knowledge of events and personalities from the past useless in the fast-paced world of 20th-century America? Daniel Boorstin, a noted American historian, answers: "We are overwhelmed by the instant moment -- headlined in this morning's newspaper and flashed on this hour's newscast....
This book introduces scouts to the exciting world of archery. It includes safe use, equipment, creation of arrows and other topics.
This book introduces scouts to the wonder of art in many of its forms.
This book in the Merit Badge series explains basic guidelines for backpacking. It covers basic first aid, clothing, etc, necessary for a backpacking trip.
This book introduces scouts to the wonders and joys of bird watching and study.
A Boy Scout manual that provides information about outdoor adventuring, social interactions, community service, and vocational training.
A guide for completing the camping merit badge for Boy Scouts.
This book guides a scout through the requirements for earning the canoeing merit badge. It guides the scout so that they learn canoeing and all the safety and skill needs associated with this activity.
A guide to completing the chess merit badge for Boy Scouts.
A guide for completing the Citizenship in the Community merit badge for Boy Scouts.
A guide for completing the Citizenship in the Nation merit badge for Boy Scouts.
This merit badge booklet introduces scouts to their place as citizens of the world as a whole.
This book introduces scouts to the adventure of climbing and rappelling. It covers equipment, safety, techniques, etc.
Boy Scouts of America Merit Badge Series pamphlet for the Coin Collecting merit badge.
A guide for completing the communication merit badge for Boy Scouts.
This booklet guides a scout through many aspects of computers. It includes historical info, technical info, and usage info. It is intended to be used for a scout to obtain his computer meritbadge.
Outlines requirements for pursuing a merit badge in cooking.
A guide for completing the cycling merit badge for Boy Scouts.
This book introduces scouts to the generation of and uses of electricity.
A guide for completing the emergency preparedness merit badge for Boy Scouts.
A guide for completing the environmental science merit badge for Boy Scouts.
A guide for completing the family life merit badge for Boy Scouts.
Detailed requirements for earning a merit badge in fire safety.
A guide for completing the first aid merit badge for Boy Scouts.
This book explains fly-fishing, a specialized form of fishing that emerged centuries ago in chapters titled Introduction, The Basic Equipment, Learning to Cast, All About Flies, Where to Fish, Hooking, Playing, and Releasing Fish, Fishing Safety, Fish Conservation and Ethics besides Glossary and Resources.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.