This book explains fly-fishing, a specialized form of fishing that emerged centuries ago in chapters titled Introduction, The Basic Equipment, Learning to Cast, All About Flies, Where to Fish, Hooking, Playing, and Releasing Fish, Fishing Safety, Fish Conservation and Ethics besides Glossary and Resources.
A guide to completing the geocaching merit badge for Boy Scouts.
A guide for completing the hiking merit badge for Boy Scouts.
A guide to completing the inventing merit badge for Boy Scouts.
A guide to completing the lifesaving merit badge for Boy Scouts.
This booklet introduces a scout to the world of working with metals. It also teaches the history of metal work. It includes instruction on the use and collection of metal working tools.
This book takes the reader to a world of nature to learn about Wildlife Communities, Birds, Mammals, Reptiles and Amphibians, Insects and Spiders, Fish, Mollusks and Crustaceans, Plants, Soil and Rocks.
This is the booklet for the Boy Scouts of America, Nuclear Science merit badge. It describes the requirements for achieving the merit badge plus useful background information, careers in the field, and further references. The merit badge requirements include knowledge of sources of nuclear radiation, safety measures, environmental effects, nuclear power plants, use in agriculture, medicine, manufacturing and scientific research.
This book prepares Scouts for a lifetime of physical fitness and helps them achieve their merit badge for fitness.
A guide to completing the personal management merit badge for Boy Scouts.
The Reading merit badge book teaches about different aspects of reading. It guides readers to learn about reading for enjoyment, learning, etc. It introduces the reader to many different kinds of reading materials. It enables the reader to achieve the Reading merit badge.
This is the pamplet for the Reptile and Amphibian Study merit badge of the Boy Scouts of America. It includes background material, requirements, suggestions for ways of meeting the requirements, and references for finding more information about reptiles and amphibians, including lizards, turtles, tortoises, snakes, crocodiles, alligators, frogs, and salamanders. It could also serve as a starting point for any teenager interested in nature study or raising reptiles or amphibians as pets.
A guide to completing the robotics merit badge for Boy Scouts.
The official Boy Scouts of America handbook.
A guide to completing the scouting heritage merit badge for Boy Scouts.
A guide to completing the SCUBA diving merit badge for Boy Scouts.
A guide to completing the swimming merit badge for Boy Scouts.
Book about the importance in the elements of theater: writing, acting, costumes, makeup, etc.
This book introduces scouts to the science of weather.
This book introduces a scout to the skills of surviving in the wilderness away from civilization. He learns about shelter, food and protection skills.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.