- Table View
- List View
Winner of the Edgar Award. Doc Adams becomes a self-styled investigator in this mystery, which leads him from a murder on Billingsgate Shoal to an arms-smuggling ring.
"This is a book for young people. It was written because I believe young people are important and that they have a huge part in God's plan for the future of America and the Church. In fact, you are the future, and a big part of the present, too." - Rick Boyer, The Learning Parent God is calling you to greatness. No excuses. Be ready to answer the call. As a young person, you have the chance to impact the future in a positive, godly way. The question is: "Are you ready for the challenge?" If you're a believer in Jesus Christ, your calling is to change the world. All you need to get started is the desire to influence your country and church in a positive way. Home schooling and the strength of the Christian family is helping to produce the future leaders of our culture, those with the potential to lead decades of revival and national reformation. If you ignore the challenge, there is little hope for America. A lot depends on you. So, here is the challenge: Grow up. Now. Get busy. Take responsibility to change this world for God, because that's exactly what He expects you to do. Your life matters, and God wants to make your life great. It won't be easy, and reading this book, you may feel it's being a little tough on you. There are high expectations and little allowance for excuses. Life isn't easy, but strive to make it a worthy one. Pioneer missionary William Carey once said, "Attempt great things for God. Expect great things from God." "Take Back the Land is an important, landmark book for the homeschool movement. Written by homeschooling pioneer Rick Boyer, its message is aimed at the Joshua Generation whose special mission is nothing less than taking America back to its Christian roots. The author explains the meaning of this great mission and why he believes the Joshua Generation has been chosen by the Lord to carry it out." - Samuel Blumenfeld, columnist The New America "Take Back the Land is a call to young adults to get busy for the kingdom, to take the Word of God seriously and apply it in every area of life. Great exhortation to pray, seek wise counsel and act! Filled with ways that young adults can make an impact on the world that God created. Well done Mr. Boyer! Well done!" - Corey Cheney, Christian Home Educators of Colorado and Homeschool Update Magazine
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.