- Table View
- List View
"Tell me how a person judges his or her self-esteem," says pioneering psychologist Nathaniel Branden, "and I will tell you how that person operates at work, in love, in sex, in parenting, in every important aspect of existence--and how high he or she is likely to rise. The reputation you have with yourself--your self-esteem--is the single most important factor for a fulfilling life."How to grow in self-confidence and self-respect.How to nurture self-esteem in children.How to break free of guilt and fear of others' disapproval.How to honor the self--the ethics of rational self-interest.From the Paperback edition.
Of all the judgments you make in life, none is as important as the one you make about yourself. The difference between low self-esteem and high self-esteem is the difference between passivity and action, between failure and success. Now, one of America's foremost psychologists and a pioneer in self-esteem development offers a step-by-step guide to strengthening your sense of self-worth. Here are simple, straightforward and effective techniques that will dramatically improve the way you think and feel about yourself. You'll learn: How to break free of negative self-concepts and self-defeating behavior. How to dissolve internal barriers to success in work and love. How to overcome anxiety, depression, guilt and anger. How to conquer the fear of intimacy and success. How to find -- and keep -- the courage to love yourself. And much more.From the Paperback edition.
What love is, why love is born, why it sometimes grows, and why it sometimes dies. Have you ever wondered how romantic love evolves? What the difference is between mature and immature love? What role sex plays in romantic love, and whether love necessarily implies sexual exclusivity? And, most important, how can we make love last? Originally published in 1980, this updated edition of The Psychology of Romantic Love explores the nature of romantic love on many levels-the philosophical, the historical, the sociological, and the physiological. Nathaniel Branden explains why so many people say that romantic love is just not possible in today's world and-drawing on his experience with thousands of couples-finds that such love is still a possibility for anyone who understands its essence and is willing to accept its challenges. Branden sees it as a pathway not only to extraordinary joy but also to profound self-discovery. His vision of love is thoroughly appropriate to our time and grounded in our humanness. .
The Psychology of Self-Esteem: A Revolutionary Approach to Self-Understanding that Launched a New Era in Modern Psychologyby Nathaniel Branden
Self-esteem or self-evaluation determines the way we tackle every aspect of our lives. "Positive self-esteem operates, in effect, as the immune system of consciousness, providing resistance, strength, and a capacity for regeneration." (Nathaniel Branden)
In this penetrating and provocative book, Dr Nathaniel Branden demonstrates the importance of self-esteem in our quest for psychological health, personal achievement, and positive relationships. Six action-based practices for daily living, simple but powerful exercises for increasing personal awareness and effectiveness. It explores the importance of self-esteem in the workplace, parenting, education, psychotherapy and society. Immense in scope and vision, filled with brilliant insights into human nature, this is the ultimate work on the psychology of self-esteem.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.