- Table View
- List View
Includes: A hands-on, active approach to practicing and applying key social studies skills, Engaging, step-by-step activities for exploring important topics in geography, High-interest selections by authors that help geographic concepts come to life.
The ancient peoples of Latin America built great civilizations from the riches of their land. Today, their descendants have mixed with newcomers from around the world to create a modern society with new traditions.
A book about Africa, its features, the meaning of Africa and its people.
History book covering the beginnings of human history, the fertile crescent, ancient Egypt and Nubia, ancient India, ancient China, ancient Greece, and ancient Rome.
The cities of ancient times bustled with traffic. People shopped at the market, worked, and lived in families, as people do today. Builders, teachers, rulers, and scientists invented objects and systems that we still know and use. The ancient peoples developed great civilizations. They traveled, traded, conquered, and settled. Who could have known how their beliefs and customs would affect the modern world?
This book geographically explores Asia and the Pacific in depth. The readings and activities in this book will help you discover answers to these Guiding Questions. * What are the main physical features of Asia and the Pacific? * What are the main characteristics of the cultures of Asia and the Pacific? * How have Asia and the Pacific influenced other world cultures? * How do the people of this region make a living? * How is the region changing?
Are you curious about our Earth? Do you want to know why some places in the world are cold and some are hot? Have you wondered why more people live in cities and fewer people live in other places? Would you like to find mountaintops or valleys to explore? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you want to know more about geography. Farmers grow corn, traders cross the ocean, and you walk or take a bus to school. Geography explains all of these activities--and many more.
This text book explores Europe and Russia narrating Physical Geography, how they were shaped by History, Cultures, etc. Maps, Atlas, etc. are some of the additional features of this book.
This textbook is about the ancient people of Latin America and their traditions.
From ancient civilizations to modern world, different religion, invasions, history of governments, Roman empire, economies, and revolutions make it an interesting reading for all.
In this book, you'll see how the United States and Canada are working to create a good life for every citizen in these vast countries.
This book contains chapters on: The World of Geography, Earth's Physical and Human Geography, Cultures of the World, Earth's Natural Resources, The United States and Canada: Physical Geography and Shaped by History; their Cultures; Exploring the United States and Canada; Latin America: Physical Geography and Shaped by Its History, its Cultures; Exploring Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and South America; Profiles of people who made a difference in their countries.
If you are curious about the earth then this is the book for you. It will answer questions such as why some places in the world are cold and some are hot, why more people live in cities and fewer people live in other places etc.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.