- Table View
- List View
This book is pure feel-good medicine. It gives the reader 365 specific, unique ways of giving thanks on all occasions, birthdays, religious and ethnic holidays, and every other day -- to all kinds of people, even strangers. Focusing on the act of giving, this book shows how easy it is to give back what we have received and how to turn any occasion, even a regular day, into a show of appreciation.
As the great teacher Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh once said, "We never ask the meaning of life when we're in love. " In fact, the question we should really be asking is, "Why aren't we in love all the time?"We are meant to be in love. Being in love energizes our daily existence, fills us with positive feelings, heals the body and heart and makes every moment precious. In Zen and the Art of Falling in Love, psychologist, relationship expert and Zen practitioner Brenda Shoshanna offers a completely different way of looking at love by comparing the psychological understanding of relationships with the timeless principles of Zen practice. Contrary to popular opinion, real love never hurts -- it's the popularized illusions we have about it that hurt and upset us. Each chapter in this book is structured around a different principle of Zen practice, giving us many lessons we can readily absorb to show us how to reclaim love, happiness and our true selves. You'll learn new means of dealing with the usual trouble spots in relationships, including miscommunication, insecurity and jealousy. As you look at these and other issues through the lens of Zen practice, you'll receive life-changing revelations that will lead to a new understanding of relationships and love. Zen and the Art of Falling in Love will set you on a path to inner awareness and ultimate happiness. As you take this journey, you'll meet different individuals who are struggling to make love work in their own lives and you will develop a brand-new understanding of what it really means to love. It is a wondrous adventure that will show you how to open your life to love, fall in love. . . and stay in love.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.