- Table View
- List View
This book is pure feel-good medicine. It gives the reader 365 specific, unique ways of giving thanks on all occasions, birthdays, religious and ethnic holidays, and every other day -- to all kinds of people, even strangers. Focusing on the act of giving, this book shows how easy it is to give back what we have received and how to turn any occasion, even a regular day, into a show of appreciation.
As the great teacher Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh once said, "We never ask the meaning of life when we're in love. " In fact, the question we should really be asking is, "Why aren't we in love all the time?"We are meant to be in love. Being in love energizes our daily existence, fills us with positive feelings, heals the body and heart and makes every moment precious. In Zen and the Art of Falling in Love, psychologist, relationship expert and Zen practitioner Brenda Shoshanna offers a completely different way of looking at love by comparing the psychological understanding of relationships with the timeless principles of Zen practice. Contrary to popular opinion, real love never hurts -- it's the popularized illusions we have about it that hurt and upset us. Each chapter in this book is structured around a different principle of Zen practice, giving us many lessons we can readily absorb to show us how to reclaim love, happiness and our true selves. You'll learn new means of dealing with the usual trouble spots in relationships, including miscommunication, insecurity and jealousy. As you look at these and other issues through the lens of Zen practice, you'll receive life-changing revelations that will lead to a new understanding of relationships and love. Zen and the Art of Falling in Love will set you on a path to inner awareness and ultimate happiness. As you take this journey, you'll meet different individuals who are struggling to make love work in their own lives and you will develop a brand-new understanding of what it really means to love. It is a wondrous adventure that will show you how to open your life to love, fall in love. . . and stay in love.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.