- Table View
- List View
"Facts, experiments, tricks based on scientific principles, and things to make comprise the text of this book. The material is divided into four sections--water, air, movement, and light. The language used is clear, concise, and interesting. Every experiment, trick, and object to make is not only explained clearly but illustrated as well, making the book especially useful for the visual learner. There is so much here to intrigue readers! This will surely bring young readers into the interesting world of science." --(starred)Science Books & Films.
What is a leap year? Why are bees busy in summer? Who eats the moon? Why does it get dark at night? In this fascinating book children will find out the answers to these and many more questions about time and seasons.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.