- Table View
- List View
The New Brooklyn Cookbook: Recipes and Stories from 31 Restaurants That Put Brooklyn on the Culinary Mapby Brendan Vaughan Michael Harlan Turkell Melissa Vaughan
Filled with mouthwatering recipes, beautiful photographs, and scenes from some of the most vibrant restaurants in America today, The New Brooklyn Cookbook celebrates the wave of culinary energy that has transformed this thriving borough and infused its kitchens and dining rooms with passion, vigor, and big flavors. Starring the trail-blazing chefs and entrepreneurs who made it all happen, this gorgeous book helps readers recreate the signature dishes of Brooklyn in the comfort of their own kitchens. With enthusiasm and insight, husband-and-wife duo Melissa and Brendan Vaughan highlight the "new" tastes of Brooklyn, including: Steak and Eggs Korean Style (The Good Fork) Cast-Iron Chicken with Caramelized Shallots and Sherry Pan Sauce (Vinegar Hill House) Seared Swordfish with SautÉed Grape Tomatoes, Fresh Corn and Kohlrabi Salad, and Avocado Aioli (Rose Water) Beef Sauerbraten with Red Cabbage and Pretzel Dumplings (Prime Meats) Doug's Pecan Pie Sundae (Buttermilk Channel) Hoppy American Brown Ale-Home Brew Version (Sixpoint Craft Ales brewery) The Vaughans also profile some of Brooklyn's best food makers and purveyors, from cheesemakers and picklers to chocolatiers and bakers, giving readers an inside look at the ingredients behind their favorite restaurant dishes and the food culture that supports their creation. Featured Restaurants: Al Di LÀ The Grocery Saul Rose Water Convivium Osteria Locanda Vini e Olii DuMont Aliseo Osteria del Borgo Marlow & Sons Franny's iCi Applewood Egg Northeast Kingdom The Good Fork Dressler The Farm on Adderley Flatbush Farm Palo Santo Lunetta Beer Table James The General Greene Five Leaves Char No. 4 No. 7 Buttermilk Channel Roberta's Vinegar Hill House Prime Meats The Vanderbilt Plus: Interviews with Ten of Brooklyn's most popular artisanal food producers
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.