- Table View
- List View
Crocheters will satisfy their hunger for unique small projects with formerCrochet Todayeditor Brett Bara'sClever Crocheted Accessories. Brett, the former editor ofCrochet Today, collected 25 delightful, practical pieces that make perfect gifts-though you may be tempted to keep them all to yourself! The ideal curator, Brett shares a first-rate lineup of projects. Whether you are a beginner or experienced crocheter, there is something for everyone: hats and caps, including a cloche, porkpie hat, and tam; scarves, shawls, and cowls, from chunky to drapey to snug; eye-catching mittens and arm warmers; delicate lace socks and cozy man-slippers; flirty bags; and sparkly jewelry. Each piece is designed with standout details so that even the simplest pattern has that "wow" factor by showcasing lust-worthy yarn, an unexpected technique, or a fun embellishment. Techniques you'll discover include Tunisian crochet, broomstick lace, and Bruges lace. The all-star roster of designers includes Robyn Chachula, Doris Chan, Mari Lynn Patrick, Regina Gonzalez, Drew Emborsky, Linda Permann, Kristin Omdahl, Ellen Gormley, Cal Patch, Pamela Wynne, Linda Cyr, and Vickie Howell.
In just one weekend and using one skill, sewing straight, an entire world of sophisticated, but easily doable projects is open to you. Just about anyone can sew a straight line. And with that simple skill and some basic guidance, crafty expert Brett Bara demonstrates how you can make custom home decor, stylish fashions and one-of-a-kind gifts. "Sewing in a Straight Line" is a step-by-step guide to creating 28 deceptively simple projects that look like they came from a chic boutique, far more impressive than you would expect for such little effort! These easy-to-make items offer quick gratification that even the busiest among us will appreciate. From a flirty two-hour miniskirt to the cutest plush toys, many of the projects take only a spare afternoon. With step-by-step illustrations, clear instructions and loads of helpful hints and customisation ideas, "Sewing in a Straight Line" will quickly make a sewing enthusiast out of anyone.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.