- Table View
- List View
The world has fallen from its former state. The war between the clans of the Black Road and the True Bloods has spread. For Orisian, thane of the ruined Lannis Blood, there is no time to grieve the loss of his family, brutally slain by the invading armies. The Black Road must be stopped. However, as more blood is spilled on the battlefields, so each side in the conflict becomes more riven by internal dissent and disunity. Amidst the mounting chaos, Aeglyss the na'kyrim uses his new-found powers to twist everything and everyone around him to serve his own mad desires.Meanwhile, the long-dormant Anain are stirring - and when the most potent race the world has ever known returns, the bloodletting may never stop.BLOODHEIR is the stunning sequel to Winterbirth, one of the most acclaimed epic fantasy debuts of recent years.
Edinburgh: 1828In the starkly-lit operating theaters of the city, grisly experiments are being carried out on corpses in the name of medical science. But elsewhere, there are those experimenting with more sinister forces.Amongst the crowded, sprawling tenements of the labyrinthine Old Town, a body is found, its neck torn to pieces. Charged with investigating the murder is Adam Quire, Officer of the newly- formed Edinburgh Police. The trail will lead him into the deepest reaches of the city's criminal underclass, and to the highest echelons of the filthy rich.Soon Quire will discover that a darkness is crawling through this city of enlightenment - and no one is safe from its corruption.The Edinburgh Dead is a powerful fusion of gothic horror, history, and the fantastical.
The True Bloods are in disarray, their alliance crumbling and their armies humbled by the forces of the Black Road . Aeglyss, falling ever deeper into madness, casts a shadow across all. At the court of the High Thane, Anyara faces a savage struggle for survival against thena'kyrim's possessed agent: Mordyn Jerain, the Shadowhand. In the Glas Valley , Kanin, the embittered Horin-Gyre Thane, plots a desperate rising against the halfbreed. But ultimately it will be Orisian, Thane of a Blood that no longer exists, who must stand face to face with a darkly transcendent Aeglyss and make the sacrifice - of himself and others - required to end the threat he represents. FALL OF THANES is the spectacular conclusion to the Godless World trilogy, a sweeping epic of war, politics and empire.
Spring is here and with spring flowers come new titles from your favorite Orbit authors! This ebook contains sample chapters from our newest titles including Karen Miller's new prequel to the Kingmaker Kingbreaker series, A Blight of Mages; a new over-the-top SF romp from Philip Palmer, Hell Ship; The Edinburgh Dead by Brian Ruckley will take you to a Victorian Scotland where a band of enterprising villains have taken Mary Shelley's Frankenstein as a textbook; a gripping debut from ex-CIA analyst and debut author T.C. McCarthy's Germline will take readers to the front lines of a brutal future war; Kate Elliot's Cold Magic which puts a Jane Eyre twist on epic fantasy and steampunk; The Business of Death collects the entire Death Works trilogy from urban fantasy author Trent Jamieson; and finally Brent Weeks is back with the first volume of his new series, The Black Prism, now in paperback!
An uneasy truce exists between the thanes of the True Bloods. Now, as another winter approaches, the armies of the Black Road march south, from their exile beyond the Vale of Stones. For some, war will bring a swift and violent death. Others will not hear the clash of swords or see the corpses strewn over the fields. They instead will see an opportunity to advance their own ambitions. But all, soon, will fall under the shadow that is descending. For, while the storm of battle rages, one man is following a path that will awaken a terrible power in him -- and his legacy will be written in blood. "A gripping story that builds to a grim climax. No one who enjoys heroic fantasy should miss this. "--- The Times (London)"An epic tale of revenge, betrayal and greed. . . an intriguing and imaginative story. "--- Dreamwatch
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.