- Table View
- List View
Many people see the enjoyment of wine as an intimidating and complicated matter, requiring a mastery of arcane rules and rituals. In fact, there's no more to it than putting each wine to the ultimate test: Does it taste good? Wine writer Brian St. Pierre's book begins by introducing the basic flavors of the several grape varieties used in making wines around the world. Once those are understood, all the rest flows smoothly--what distinguishes the colors and types, how to match wine with food, how to store and serve it, and even how much to spend on a bottle. St. Pierre's sensible approach combined with stunning photographs and elegant maps of the world's great wine-growing regions make this the perfect no-nonsense guide or lovely gift for anyone who wants to learn to understand, appreciate, and, above all, fully enjoy the fruit of the vine.
Are you curious about wine, but can't tell the difference between a Pinot Noir and a Sangiovese? A Chenin Blanc and a Chardonnay? This book describes over 40 wine varietals, including information on:- Taste- Origin- Reputation- Food pairings- Key wine terms- Chilling and storing- Cooking with wine- Entertaining with wine
Glass in one hand, fork in the other, Brian St. Pierre explores the regional wines and cuisines of Italy in this dream of a cookbook. As you'd expect from the author of A Perfect Glass of Wine, St. Pierre brings to the table fabulous recipes and inspired wine pairings. Whether it's a hearty barolo from Piedmont in the northwest that complements a pan-roasted veal tenderloin, a refreshing pinot grigio from the shores of the Adriatic paired with succulent risotto di frutti di mare, or a glass of easy-going Apulia primitivo from the southern reaches to enjoy with the rosemary and oregano notes of slow-baked lamb, each wine suggestion is designed to enhance the flavor of the recipe. The sweeter side of the wine spectrum is also represented with such treats as zuppa inglese with strawberries served alongside a glass of sparkling proseccoa finish with flourish to a remarkable meal. With a glossary of wine terms and gorgeous photographs of both the wine and the food, this stylish cookbook is as beautiful as it is informative.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.