- Table View
- List View
Though other animals may twirl and prance, there is nothing like a dinosaur dance.
Completely redesigned for today's young, investigative reader, True Books are an indispensable addition to any collection. Each book guides the reader through the facts that nurture their need to know. The new, dynamic True Book design features: -- an inviting and interactive page format, -- a readable and attractive typeface, -- large, bold, and brilliant full-color photographs. The True Books series takes the young reader beyond the standard, fact-filled text by adding avenues for further discovery. Each book includes a variety of sidebars, highlighting extra facts that will fascinate children. In the Important Words section, young readers will find a glossary of words that will both challenge and expand their vocabulary. Each book includes a To Find Out More section, where every curious reader can find a list of related books to read and organizations to contact. True Books also point readers to the vast electronic universe of information on the Internet. Each book will list: -- e-mail addresses to help the reader contact individuals and organizations, -- appropriate newsgroups and mailing lists, -- FTP sites to download fun and useful software.
Describes the planet Earth, exploring its composition, early ideas about its shape and position in the solar system, current theories about its creation, and its important relationship with the moon.
Young Elliot leaves home when he learns he must share his room with his uncle.
Young Elwood prepares for bathtime as he adds his favorite playmates, including eight large elephants, to the water.
While the Corner Kids are giving their dog Jake a bath, they recall when Three J first got Jake and how he decided to share him with Gabby and Alex.
Sketches the history of ice skating from its beginning as a means of travel to its current status as a sport; discusses the contributions of Sonja Henie and other Olympic Stars.
Fire Companies 1, 2, 3, and 4 rush across town to Fire Company 5, where the firehouse dog is having puppies.
While researching the American flag for a class project, the Corner Kids ask townspeople what the flag means to them and find that each person has a different answer.
Describes the physical characteristics, behavior, and life cycle of flies and discusses some of the different kinds.
Introduces the various games played with a footbag, including instructions in basic moves and kicks, tips on strategy, and a guide to clubs and competitions.
Describes what geysers are, how they are formed, and where they can be found.
Describes what glaciers are, how they are formed, and how they move and shape the Earth.
A young girl thinks that Wayne is a pest, until she gets to know him better.
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. And if dogs had wings, there's no telling what they would do. They might fly like eagles chase birds out of trees. They might even fly to the moon! One thing is for certain-young readers will find a picture book full of giggles when they see these high-flying canines soar through the sky.
Describes the appearance, climate, moons, and exploration of the largest planet in the solar system.
This introduction to karate covers the rules of the sport, warm-up exercises, kicks and techniques, karate styles, safety equipment, history and philosophy, and modern heroes.
Gay men and lesbians from all walks of life describe their personal experiences, travails and triumphs.
A child takes the long way home in order to collect an array of new pets.
Mars has always been a planet of mystery. To observers on Earth, it looks like a red disk. Its color comes from the red dust on its surface. When the red dust gets stirred up by strong winds, the planet's red color is even more intense. This explains why Mars, the fourth planet from the Sun, is sometimes called the Red Planet. The book solves all the mystery surrounding Mars.
Max and Felix, the two funny frogs featured in this chapter book, record their mishaps and misadventures with the click of a camera. Whether the frogs are building a new porch, telling spooky stories or going fishing, Felix captures the unwittingly comic moments.
Describes the orbit, rotation, temperature, and surface formations of the planet Mercury and the probe Mariner X that took pictures of it in 1974 and 1975.
Thinking his friends have forgotten him at Christmas, Old Armadillo goes to sleep, but he awakens to find that his friends have decorated his house and a tree for the holiday.
When the Corner Kids decide to clean up a dump to make it a playground, Alex's bossy ways hamper their progress.
We all know what a supermarket is, but what is a farmer's market? It's a place where people gather together to sell products -- such as flowers, herbs, vegetables, fruit, and more -- that they have grown or produced. Through lively text, readers will meet two families -- one Hmong American and the other German American -- as they work hard to prepare for a busy market season.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.