- Table View
- List View
Simple, rhyming text counts monkeys as they swing into a kitchen, enjoy a wild visit, and swing back out.
Describes the history, equipment, safety tips, and competitive riding of mountain bikes.
Describes what mountains are, how they are formed, what kinds of plants and animals live on them, and how they affect the surrounding weather.
Describes the continually growing quilt that is being created as a memorial to those who have died of AIDS and to draw attention to this devastating disease.
Although her neighbors are reluctant to listen to her play the fiddle, Nana persists and her hog steals the show.
Although people think her behavior improper, Nana rides a hog through town.
Describes the eighth planet from the Sun, Neptune, and its orbit, rotation, gassy surface, rings, moons, and the visit by the Voyager 2 probe.
Gabby learns a lesson in kindness when she befriends the new girl in school.
Three J has the opportunity to cheat in a contest to win a new bike and must decide what to do.
The Corner Kids learn that it takes patience to teach their dog tricks in time for the community pet show.
Discusses the smallest, most distant, and most mysterious planet in our solar system, its discovery, and its peculiar orbit. [This book was written before Pluto was demoted to being a dwarf planet.]
Describes the physical characteristics, behavior, life cycle, protective devices, and relatives of the praying mantis.
A boy who is normally very loud is quiet on this day. He imagines all the way he could be loud.
Follows the water cycle, as a raindrop moves into a creek, into a stream, into a river, and to its end in a lazy ocean.
Presents a brief description of rock climbing, a sport that requires little equipment, appeals to all ages, and is considered to be mental as well as physical.
Book for children and teens about all aspects of in-line skating: its history, the equipment needed, various maneuvers, how to select skates, safety equipment, and more.
Passengers get on and off the bus, providing a lesson in addition and subtraction.
When his Granny Frannie wants something sweet for dessert, young Sammy decides to play a trick on her.
Alex, Three J, Gabby, and their classmates decide on rules of behavior so that the class can work well together.
Gabby and her friends take time to move some bicycles so that their blind neighbor can walk on the sidewalk.
Illustrates the various styles of skiing, from cross-country to downhill, as well as kinds of equipment and clothing.
A boy and his little sister argue in rhyme over who is faster, in this story told using opposites.
Traces the history of this recreational activity, describes the required equipment and basic techniques, concludes with a discussion of safety issues and competitive aspects of the sport.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.