- Table View
- List View
Gabby takes a pretty sparkle thing from the market without paying for it and must face the consequences.
A brief overview of the sport of speed skating including its history, equipment, categories of events, and memorable performances by speed skaters at the Olympic games.
A high-speed history of the tunnels and trains that transport millions of people every day and lie hidden beneath the streets of many cities around the world.
When the Corner Kids cannot go to the water park because the car breaks down, Alex figures out a way they can have fun in spite of their disappointment.
This highly praised series of books has been in print since the 1950s (launched originally by Franklin Watts himself). Today's First Books provide engaging, in-depth introductions to subjects in all areas of the middle-grade curriculum, including science, social studies, and the arts. Each First Book is chaptered, includes an index, a for-further-reading list and, where appropriate, a glossary and original maps.
On a field trip to the Nature Center, Three J leads his second-grade classmates on a mission to pick up as much trash as possible after find a bird caught in a discarded lunch bag.
Egbert practices division as he shares cookies with his friends and neighbors.
With the encouragement of the other Corner Kids, Alex keeps trying until he is able to swim all the way across the pool.
Explores the fascinating and surprising relationships formed by different species for survival, protection, or food.
Discusses the discovery, rotation, unique tilt, rings, moons, and other aspects of the seventh planet from the sun.
The book is meant for children, containing information and illustrations about different types of valleys, their formation, and many more details.
Discusses our early ideas about the planet Venus, what we have discovered about its true nature, and what we may learn from it in the future.
Bayard Rustin's life was dedicated to helping others-fighting injustices and discriminations-so that people could live as one. Protesting segregation long before there was a civil rights movement, he was often arrested for his beliefs and actions. As an organizer, Bayard was largely responsible for bringing people together to walk for freedom and jobs in Washington, D. C., on that memorable summer day, August 28, 1963.
When a boy wonders, "What good is a tree?" he and his sister come up with a lot of answers, from using it as a fort to making it second base.
Briefly discusses the international competition in winter sports, beginning with the Nordic Games in 1908, and describes some of the sports involved, including skiing, ice hockey, skating, and bobsledding.
A basic overview of the World Wide Web, including the history of its development and details on how to use it.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.