- Table View
- List View
Cammy Hall has earned her reputation as a loser. She lives with her grandparents and has adopted their way of life...right down to the comfortable shoes and early bedtime. She even likes to knit. At school, people like Bekka Bell reign while Cammy and her best friend, the fearless Danish exchange student Gerdi, watch from the sidelines. But then Cammy starts receiving mysterious text messages with instructions on how to bring down the most popular kids. Is Cammy about to get her shot at being queen? This is the print version of the first interactive online novel. It premiered in July 2010 in partnership with LivingSocial and JC Penney on LoserQueen.com. Each week, readers across the world voted on what Cammy should do next. Everyone who followed online will want to own the story they helped create--and those who missed the event will be eager to find out what all the buzz is about! Plus, this edition includes all-new bonus features, including alternate endings and author commentary..com. Each week, readers voted on major plot twists. The winning choice was then encorporated into the next week's chapters. Now that voting--and the book--are complete, LOSER/QUEEN will be published as a paperback and packed with extras from the author... and readers will have the opportunity to own the book they helped create!Jodi Lynn Anderson, the national bestselling author of Peaches and The Secrets of Peaches, has lived in Georgia, Costa Rica, and New York, but she currently lives in Washington, D.C. Brittney Lee is a designer and animator. She lives in Emeryville, CA.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.