- Table View
- List View
"Who needs another book on public speaking, let alone a series of them? After all, this is a skill best learned by practice and "just doing it," you say. True, but insight from people who've already been where you are might help ease some bumps along the road and provide handy advice on handling stage fright and knotty speech assignments. After all, if practice is the best solution to public speaking excellence, why is this country so full of speakers who can't speak effectively? Consider politicians, business executives, sales professionals, teachers, and clerics who often fail to reach their audience because they make elementary mistakes, such as speaking too fast or too long, failing to prepare adequately, and forgetting to analyze their audiences."
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.