The very best baby name book just got better! Now with more than 60,000 popular and unusual names for boys and girls, this book provides expectant parents with abundant information on names, including origins, meanings, variations, fascinating facts, and famous namesakes. The following helpful features make finding the perfect name for your baby fun and easy: -- "Baby Name Guru" Bruce Lansky provides advice on how to choose a name for your baby and how to customize a popular name -- Popular names from around the world, including thousands of French, English, Latin, Hebrew, Arabic, Greek, German, Scottish, Welsh, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Scandanavian, Polish, Native American, Hawaiian, African, and Hindi names -- Icons to identify names used for both boys and girls -- Over 5,000 names African-American families often choose for their children -- Over 5,000 names that Hispanic families commonly use -- More than 300 fun lists to help you brainstorm names, including a list of names celebrities are choosing for their children -- Stereotypes of commonly used names -- Plans for a name-the-baby shower by Becky Long, author of Themed Baby Showers The most useful, helpful, and fun collection of names on the market!
Summer days are here again!Here are over forty sidesplitting poems about summer vacation, covering everything from the much-anticipated last day of school to family road trips, wacky days at summer camp, learning how to swim, dizzying roller coaster rides, fun-filled days at the beach, and finally, the dreaded first day of the new school year. These hilarious poems written by Bruce Lansky, Kenn Nesbitt, Robert Pottle, Eric Ode, and Neal Levin, and the rest of the all-star gang of Giggle Poets are sure to make you count the days until summer vacation begins!Beach Book Festival Award (Honorable Mention Finalist: Children's Books), USA Book News (Best Books Award Finalist), Moonbeam Children's Book Awards (Children's Poetry Gold Award).
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.