- Table View
- List View
This book shows readers how to develop energy-efficient algorithms and hardware architectures to enable high-definition 3D video coding on resource-constrained embedded devices. Users of the Multiview Video Coding (MVC) standard face the challenge of exploiting its 3D video-specific coding tools for increasing compression efficiency at the cost of increasing computational complexity and, consequently, the energy consumption. This book enables readers to reduce the multiview video coding energy consumption through jointly considering the algorithmic and architectural levels. Coverage includes an introduction to 3D videos and an extensive discussion of the current state-of-the-art of 3D video coding, as well as energy-efficient algorithms for 3D video coding and energy-efficient hardware architecture for 3D video coding.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.