- Table View
- List View
Born with a rare genetic disease - arms that couldn't straighten, legs that would never walk, and no eyes - Patrick Henry developed exceptional musical talent, starting at the age of 9 months old. With unwavering optimism, humor, and courage, he has made "I Am Potential" his mantra throughout his life and defied his disabilities at every turn.
Patrick Henry Hughes was born with a rare genetic disorder that left him without eyes and physically disabled. But he was blessed with rare musical talent?able to play the piano as a baby. <P><P>Today, at age twenty, he is a nationally known pianist, singer, trumpeter, and marching-band member. With determined optimism, Hughes made ?I am potentialOCO his mantra, defying his disabilities at every turn. In "I Am Potential," Hughes and his father share their extraordinary journey and describe the eight critical lessons at the heart of their success. Simply and candidly written, "I Am Potential" is an inspiration for anyone facing their own challenges.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.