- Table View
- List View
Wilderness First Responder is a comprehensive text for the recognition, treatment, and prevention of emergencies happening in the wild. It's essential reading for wilderness instructors, trip leaders, guides, search and rescue groups, and anyone who works or plays far from definitive medical care. This invaluable resource includes expert, step-by-step instructions, clear illustrations, and "Signs and Symptoms" sidebars designed to help you provide immediate - whenever you are more than an hour away from an ambulance or a hospital. You'll learn how to conduct a patient assessment, improvise when ideal materials are not handy, and decide whether or not to evacuate a patient. Learn how to assess and treat: Airway obstructions Cardiac arrest External and internal bleeding Shock Spine injuries Head injuries Chest injuries Abdominal injuries Fractures and dislocations Athletic injuries Soft-tissue injuries Cold-or heat-induced injuries.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.